By the end of this guide, you will have:
Using MirrorWeb's Archive Compare feature, learned how to compare two archived versions of a webpage inside MirrorWeb Insight.
Before starting this guide, please ensure that you have the following information:
- Log-in credentials to MirrorWeb Insight
- Access to the Web module of MirrorWeb Insight
- At least two separate captures of your website.
1. Firstly, click on the website capture that you wish to compare against.
2. In the, website capture view, click on the Archive Compare button.
3. Using the search field, find the webpage that you wish to carry out a comparison on. You can search for part of a page URL using this field (eg. "blog").
4. Click on the page that you wish to launch Archive Compare for (eg. "https://www.mirrorweb.com/blog")
5. In the calendar view that appears, click on a dropdown to view all of the captures for that year (eg. 2022).
6. Click on the date that you wish to compare against (eg. August 1st, 2022). The Archive Compare web application will load.
7. Using the slider, slide between the two pages to compare the archives on that day.
8. In the top navigation bar, click on the Text button to load a text diff of the two webpages.
9. A text diff of the two versions of the webpage will appear.
10. If you want to change the date for comparison, click on the calendar icon in the date banner. The calendar view will appear.