By the end of this guide, you will have:
Understood how to add and remove lexicons policies in MirrorWeb Insight.
Before starting this guide, please ensure that you have the following information:
- Log-in credentials to MirrorWeb Insight
- Lexicon dictionaries to apply to the policy
Creating your policy
- From the Insight dashboard (my.mirrorweb.com), navigate to the Communications module.
- Click the Lexicon menu item. A dropdown will appear. Click the Policies link.
- On the Lexicon Policies view, click the Create Policy button.
- The Policy Creation view will appear.
- Next to Policy name, give your new policy a name.
- Next to Message direction, you can choose the kinds of messages that this policy will apply to. All will apply to policy to every in-scope message, irregardless of direction, Outbound will only apply the policy to messages sent by the organization's staff, and Inbound will only apply the policy to messages received by the organization's staff.
- Under Platforms, you can choose the kinds of platforms that the policy will apply to. Global applies the policy to all platforms, and Apply to Platforms allows you to select specific platforms that a policy will apply to.
- If you wish to choose specific platforms to apply your policy to, click the Apply to Platforms modal and click the input field called "Select platforms...". A list of platforms available in your account will appear. Click a platform, or multiple platforms, to add it to the in-scope policy.
- Click the Show dictionaries button on the right-hand side of the screen. A list of dictionaries that you have created will appear.
NB: if you have not created any dictionaries, or no dictionaries appear, please refer to our support article on how to add and remove lexicons.
- Click the checkboxes next to each lexicon dictionary that you wish to add into this policy. You can use multiple different dictionaries as part of a policy.
- When you are happy that you have added each dictionary to this policy, click the Create policy button on the bottom right hand side of the view.
- Your policy will now run against every message that matches the criteria that is specified. Please note: your policy will not retrospectively apply to messages that have already been ingested.