For more information on lexicon policies, please see here.
By the end of this guide, you will have:
Understood how to add and remove lexicons from your Dictionary in MirrorWeb Insight.
Before starting this guide, please ensure that you have the following information:
- Log-in credentials to MirrorWeb Insight
- Keyword(s) to upload or keyword(s) to remove
Navigating to the Dictionaries
- Log into your MirrorWeb Insight Portal by navigating to https://my.mirrorweb.com.
- From your Dashboard, hit Communications.
- Click Lexicon, and then click Dictionaries.
Bulk Uploading Lexicons
Creating a New Dictionary
- Hit Create Dictionary in the top right hand corner
- You can copy and paste your dictionary straight from a Word Document, Excel File or CSV File. Please ensure that before copying words are on a separate line with no quotation marks or commas between them.
3. Copy your lexicons, and paste into the first highlighted cell within MirrorWeb Insight. This feature works like a spreadsheet.
4. You now have the option to select for each word or phrase whether you would to pluralise it or add a prefix lexicon match:
- Plural tells a policy to look for pluralized versions or the original term or phrase. Checking the plural option for the term "communication" would result in lexicon matches for the communication and communications.
- Prefix is wild card option that allows a lexicon policy to match any words that start with the word or phrase entered into the dictionary. E.g. "guarant" would match guarantor, guarantee, guaranteeing, guaranteed.
5. On the right-hand side, under Details select a Dictionary Name.
6. For match type, select All or Any:
- All mode: in order for a dictionary selected as "All" to flag with a lexicon match, a message will need to contain each term or phrase specified in the dictionary.
- Any mode: any single term or phrase will flag a message if it is found in a message.
7. Select Create Dictionary.
To apply this dictionary to a platform, please navigate to Policies to create a policy for your Dictionary.
Modifying a Dictionary
Modifying lexicons within the dictionary, this feature works similar to a spreadsheet.
- To add any individual lexicons, hit the "+" button at the bottom of your dictionary list and select the cell and type in your new lexicon. You can always hit enter to create a new row if required.
- To remove any lexicons, click the keyword you want to remove and hit "backspace" on your keyboard.
- To modify a lexicon already in your dictionary, select the keyword and hit enter. Now you will be able to type in the cell.